Saturday, February 12, 2011

L is for love.

I've got a confession to make. I have art investment paralysis.  It's a major issue and it needs to be dealt with. For some reason it is easier for me to pick out a sofa than an eight inch print for my wall. Anyone else have this problem? I guess I'm waiting to stumble across pieces that just speak to me. I want the art in my home to be personal, reflective of me and my family, and also something I like to look at every day. Alas, the bare walls in my home are not minimalist chic. They are cold. And boring. Thus, I must spend a little more time perusing what's out there. Unless I expect the perfect quirky little print to hang in my powder room will jump out at me while I'm pondering produce on my twice weekly grocery runs. Not gonna happen.
So I decided to take a gander at some etsy shops. Now, I say I love etsy, but my previous experiences have proved somewhat fruitless. I'm easily overwhelmed and usually don't even know where to begin...kinda like when I try to shop in department stores. But today, I took their nifty little "Taste Taste" and was pleasantly surprised by the results.  How cute would he be in a nursery?


And I need this in my kitchen. Bacon and eggs anyone?


I love myself a beach image.
images via etsy

Maybe there's hope for those sad little frames just waiting to be hung in my dining room after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment