Monday, February 7, 2011

well, hello.

My name is Claire, and this is my blog. I've gone back and forth over what I want this blog to be, and it may go an entirely different direction once I get started.  But I love the idea of focusing on what nourishes me. Body and soul. Okay that sounds cheesy. This blog will not be cheesy. Okay maybe sometimes, because I have to be me and who doesn't love a little cheese?


First up, God. I'm on a journey with Him and I'm gonna need to write about it.


Design. My husband and I built and moved into our first home this past summer and while trying to figure out how we wanted it to look, I discovered design blogs and online design magazines. This discovery rocked my world. Who knew you could make your home feel young, modern and chic without furnishing it solely from West Elm and Restoration Hardware. There are other options out there! No need to fear consignment stores and flea markets! (Okay, I still fear them a little bit.) But design is awesome. Good design. I like to talk about it.


Food. I love food. Love it. Always have, always will. Food is what nourishes me, gives me energy, and brings me joy. But, food has no power over me. I've dealt with body image issues, like most women. Fed myself the lie that skinny equals healthy and that calories in vs. calories out are all that really matters to feel your best. Not true! So not true. I've dabbled in veganism and vegetarianism, and during my short-lived attempt at veganism (I'm leaning back into it) I realized how much what I put in my body affects the way I feel, my energy levels, even my mood. I'm super passionate about health, respecting my body by giving it what it needs (REAL food!) and love helping others accomplish this as well. I just recently discovered that I enjoy cooking and am loving creating delicious, nourishing meals. Hopefully I'll have some recipes to share as I try them out and put my own spin on them.


Photography. Ah, photography. What can I say? I fell in love with the new digital, photo-journalistic style of photography of when researching (ie, googling) photographers for our wedding about three years ago. I am enamored by the way one image can evoke such powerful emotion and beauty. My wonderfully sweet husband bought me the camera of my dreams last year and I have yet to shoot out of auto mode. Auto mode is great and all, but what's fun about that? I'm committed to learning how to really use my camera (and Photoshop! which just arrived today!) so that I can finally start documenting our lives together.


So. Here we go. Welcome to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment